This is to announce the OpenID Foundation individual community board members 2023 election schedule. Those elected will help determine the role the Foundation plays in facilitating the develop and adoption of important open identity standards enabling global interoperability as well as the strategic directions of the Foundation.
Per the Foundation’s bylaws, three individual community board members are elected. Nat Sakimura’s and John Bradley’s two-year terms are expiring this year. (George Fletcher has an additional year remaining on his two-year term.) I want to thank Nat and John for their continued service to the Foundation and the community at large. Nat and John are eligible to be re-elected, should they choose to run again.
The individual community board member election will be conducted on the following schedule:
- Nominations open: Wednesday, January 4, 2023
- Nominations close: Wednesday, January 18, 2023
- Election begins: Thursday, January 19, 2023
- Election ends: Thursday, February 2, 2023
- Results announced by: Friday, February 3, 2023
- New board term starts: Thursday, February 16, 2023
All members of the OpenID Foundation are eligible to nominate themselves, second the nominations of others including those who self-nominated and vote for candidates. If you’re not already a member of the OpenID Foundation, we encourage you to join now at https://openid.net/foundation/benefits-members/.
Voting and nominations are conducted on the OpenID Foundation web site: https://openid.net/foundation/members/elections/56. You will need to log in at https://openid.net/foundation/members/ to participate in nominations and voting. If you experience problems participating in the election or joining the Foundation, please send an email to email@example.com.
Board participation requires a substantial investment of time and energy. It is a volunteer effort that should not be undertaken lightly. Should you be elected, expect to be called upon to serve both on the board and on its committees. If you’re committed to open identity standards and collaborate well with others, we encourage your candidacy.
You are encouraged to publicly address these questions in your candidate statement:
- What are the key opportunities you see for the OpenID Foundation in 2023?
- How will you demonstrate your commitment in terms of resources, focus and leadership?
- What would you like to see the Foundation accomplish in 2023; how do you personally plan to contribute?
- What other resources do you bring to the Foundation to help the Foundation attain its goals?
- What current or past experiences, skills, or interests will inform your contributions and views?
Please forward questions, comments and suggestions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OpenID Foundation