The OpenID Connect Working Group
recommends approval of the following specification as an OpenID Final Specification:
A Final Specification provides intellectual property protections to implementers of the specification and is not subject to further revision. This note starts the 60-day public review period for the specification draft in accordance with the OpenID Foundation IPR policies and procedures. Unless issues are identified during the review that the working group believes must be addressed by revising the draft, this review period will be followed by a seven-day voting period during which OpenID Foundation members will vote on whether to approve this draft as an OpenID Final Specification. For the convenience of members, voting will actually begin a week before the review period ends, for members who have completed their reviews by then.
The relevant dates are:
- Final Specification public review period: Friday, September 9, 2022 to Tuesday, November 8, 2022 (60 days)
- Final Specification vote announcement: Wednesday, October 26, 2022
- Final Specification early voting opens: Wednesday, November 2, 2022
- Final Specification official voting period: Wednesday, November 9, 2022 to Wednesday, November 16, 2022 (7 days)*
* Note: Early voting before the start of the formal voting will be allowed.
The OpenID Connect working group page is https://openid.net/wg/connect/
. Information on joining the OpenID Foundation can be found at https://openid.net/foundation/members/registration
. If you’re not a current OpenID Foundation member, please consider joining to participate in the approval vote.
You can send feedback on the specification in a way that enables the working group to act upon it by (1) signing the contribution agreement at https://openid.net/intellectual-property/
to join the working group (please specify that you are joining the “AB/Connect” working group on your contribution agreement), (2) joining the working group mailing list at https://lists.openid.net/mailman/listinfo/openid-specs-ab
, and (3) sending your feedback to the list.
— Michael B. Jones – OpenID Foundation Board Secretary