The OpenID Shared Signals Working Group recommends approval of the following specification as OpenID Implementer’s Draft:
This would be the second Implementer's Draft of this specification. An Implementer’s Draft is a stable version of a specification providing intellectual property protections to implementers of the specification. This note starts the 45-day public review period for the specification drafts in accordance with the OpenID Foundation IPR policies and procedures. Unless issues are identified during the review that the working group believes must be addressed by revising the drafts, this review period will be followed by a seven-day voting period during which OpenID Foundation members will vote on whether to approve these drafts as OpenID Implementer’s Drafts. For the convenience of members who have completed their reviews by then, voting will actually begin a week before the start of the official voting period. The relevant dates are:
- Implementer’s Draft public review period: Friday, October 13, 2023 to Monday, November 27, 2023 (45 days)
- Implementer’s Draft vote announcement: Tuesday, November 14, 2023
- Implementer's Draft early voting opens: Tuesday, November 21, 2023 *
- Implementer’s Draft voting period: Tuesday, November 28, 2023 to Tuesday, December 5, 2023 (7 days)*
* Note: Early voting before the start of the formal voting will be allowed. The Shared Signals working group page is https://openid.net/wg/sharedsignals. Information on joining the OpenID Foundation can be found at https://openid.net/foundation/members/registration. If you’re not a current OpenID Foundation member, please consider joining to participate in the approval vote. You can send feedback on the specifications in a way that enables the working group to act upon it by (1) signing the contribution agreement at https://openid.net/intellectual-property/ to join the working group (please specify that you are joining the “Shared Signals” working group on your contribution agreement), (2) joining the working group mailing list at https://lists.openid.net/mailman/listinfo/openid-specs-risc, and (3) sending your feedback to the list.
Marie Jordan – OpenID Foundation Board Secretary