The OpenID AB+Connect Working Group recommends approval of the following specifications as OpenID Implementer’s Drafts:
- Basic Client Profile – Simple self-contained specification for a web-based Relying Party. (This spec contains a subset of the information in Messages and Standard.)
- Discovery – Defines how user and provider endpoints can be dynamically discovered.
- Dynamic Registration – Defines how clients can dynamically register with OpenID Providers.
- Messages – Defines all the messages that are used in OpenID Connect. (These messages are used by the Standard binding.)
- Standard – Complete HTTP binding of the Messages, for both Relying Parties and OpenID Providers.
- Multiple Response Type Encoding – Registers OAuth 2.0 response_type values used by OpenID Connect.
An Implementer’s Draft is a stable version of a specification providing intellectual property protections to implementers of the specification. This note starts the 45 days public review period for the specification drafts in accordance with the OpenID Foundation IPR policies and procedures. This review period will end on Monday, February 6, 2012.
Unless issues are identified during the review that the working group believes must be addressed by revising the drafts, this review period will be followed by a seven day voting period during which OpenID Foundation members will vote on whether to approve these drafts as OpenID Implementer’s Drafts.
The specifications are posted at these locations:
A description of OpenID Connect can be found at http://openid.net/connect/
. The working group page is http://openid.net/wg/connect/
Information on joining the OpenID Foundation can be found at https://openid.net/foundation/members/registration
. Foundation members will be asked to vote on approving these specifications as Implementer’s Drafts.
You can send feedback on the specifications in a way that enables the working group to act on your feedback by
- signing the contribution agreement at http://openid.net/intellectual-property/ to join the AB+Connect working group,
- joining the working group mailing list at http://lists.openid.net/mailman/listinfo/openid-specs-ab, and
- sending your feedback on that list.